PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jabiru Bad experience
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2014, 19:18
Jetjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95% owners with problems?? Is that another evidence based claim. Id point to 95% being happy and 5% complaining loudly and on some cases rightly so.

There are plenty of things jabiru could do better and the Latest tech manuals are pretty good, compared to originals. An issue is the adjustment and changes with no comms to owners and maintainers. An example is the 15w50, was deleted a year or so ago as Shell (or someone) decided it was a very poor choice, so back to W100+ and problems it had. Who knew, i learnt from a presentation @ Ausfly.
Its going to change again soon.
The through bolts were being replaced for free if you took the ac back to bundy, the tightening of the bearings confuses me as torque was the same afaik.

Re the fuel, talk to jabiru and reading documents Avgas is the preferred fuel mainly cos quality is stable. experience shows me what you get from Service stations is pot luck and pretty common to get bad batch.

Many of the current problems have developed with newer hydraulic lifters implemented and points to preignition to me.
Jabiru will still sell you a zero time solid lifter type now so will Camit, trouble is the LSA rules prevent it in 24 aircraft.