PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proviation customer care problems
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2014, 13:49
PaulKerry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm quite sure that he won't let you down, now.
For most, it seems that once they have finally got his attention, he'll do the "decent thing". That seems to happen very quickly once a public post has been made. Until that point the evidence suggests that after ordering an item listed as "in-stock" and nothing arriving, emails, phone calls, on-line chat messages are often left without response or lead to nothing but empty promises.
You made a public post, didn't you?

Let me quote the Safe Buy code of practice.

3.7 There must be no possibility of orders being accepted which are unlikely to be fulfilled within 30 days.
3.10 There must be no misleading claim made on the website or the order confirmation regarding delivery timescale to the consumer. Where any delivery timescale and/or delivery date is stated the consumer must be advised in advance if that timescale and/or date will be delayed and the consumer’s right to cancel must be made clear.
5.1 Errors in any area of order processing, delivery or administration must be corrected within 10 working days.
5.2 The retailer must have an effective complaints procedure. At a minimum, any complaint must be logged and an acknowledgement given to the consumer within three working days. The consumer must be further advised on the retailer’s procedures for acting on the complaint with a reasonable and stated timescale. The retailer must keep the consumer informed of the progress of the investigation of the complaint. The same provisions apply regarding an intermediary, acting on behalf of the claimant, as they do to dealing directly with the complainant.
I think that it is obvious that he is in clear breach of these conditions.

Also...

5.6 None of the above processes affects the right of the consumer to take the matter to the Courts or any other complaints resolution body.
For anyone else reading this and out of pocket - I advise dragging him through court.

... and...

5.7 If the retailer is in breach of the code with no reasonable justification, the retailer will be subject to SafeBuy’s disciplinary procedure (which is overseen by an independent party). The retailer accepts that there is no right of appeal or redress against the Independent Overseer’s decision (which includes, ultimately, expulsion of the retailer from the scheme). SafeBuy acts according to the rules as set out at clause 5.8.
I can assure you that Safe Buy are aware.

Paul..