PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SWA lands at wrong airport.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2014, 11:48
lifeafteraviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt aterpster was referring to 121.443 which simply says the company has to provide you with all the charts, weather and other info you need for the airport you're assigned to fly to that day. This is true of any flight operation, even private, except the part about the company providing.

I think aterpster was just spouting off random stuff and doesn't understand the regulations this flight was operating under. It has nothing to do with what they might or might not do in the UK or anywhere else.

I know the basic rules for landing on the correct runway at the correct airport quite well. I lived under those rules for 27 years, and they remain unchanged.
Either you're being sarcastic and arrogant or you're saying regulations haven't evolved over the past 27 years.

I take issue with people arrogantly judging others especially when they don't seem to know what they're talking about themselves. A pilot who believes they are above making mistakes is the most dangerous kind.

Anytime there is an accident or an incident, rules and procedures are adjusted and tweaked. They almost certainly will be in this case. This will cause more than just a "new memo" being generated.