PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B Mandate – ATCs Responsible for Deaths?
Old 21st Jan 2014, 11:07
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dick...my thouhts in red

Jaba, I can afford to do the mod- so no problems for me personally. That is great, so this is not about you then? So get the CJ3 set up and no problem

There are lots of operators who cannot remain viable while doing the upgrade.
Ohh really? So 12 months will be the difference for them surviving or not? C'mon that is business 101, they are good to operate now or in the future or not.

If Canada with its very large amount of polar traffic heading to the USA in non radar covered airspace can come up with a fair mandate why can't ASA? We are in Oz

And why doesn't anyone answer Creampuffs very reasonable query about how military aircraft and Airlines with faulty equipment can be handled but not an occasional bisjet.?

Because every flight is not a U/S equipment flight. They allow for a small number of U/S commercial flights but if everyone did it...what is the point? For commercial airliners already equipped a reasonable allowance has to be made for equipment that is unserviceable or at short notice, or down route return to maintenance which is a world of difference from an aircraft which is not equipped at all.

As for military flights ...........Think about it Dick!!!