PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jabiru Bad experience
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2014, 10:32
deadstick1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetjr,
Well here we go again hey?

"As far as DS problems go, maybe Im mixing incidents but heres an engine running on mixture of fuels, overheated (something gone very wrong), significant SB not carried out. At least a few issues piling up. What did you expect Jabiru to do? Seems they may have offered reco parts."

No mixture!
Mate the engine never overheated!

Your right! under the previous owner the thru bolt SB was not carried out, this was because Don Richter from Jabiru advised them that it wasn't required and that all engines were being done when they were returned for overhaul! They missed the deadline by 4 days! pretty telling that it snapped one under 200 hrs from Top end overhaul though!

The 3300 on the other hand did have the SB incorporated, and in the report into its demise at 700hrs Jabiru themselves explain that the SB destroyed the bottom end due to closing up the fretted crank cases with the extra torque. So that engine wasn't fit for purpose from the get go!

I for one am not expecting any Jabiru warranty ( there's a reason it was reduced from 500 hrs to 200), what I am expecting though is my consumer rights to be upheld! To talk on The simplest of consumer rights and one of the many basis for claim, neither engine could be described as fit for purpose, of which based on the log books and correspondence a very expensive lawyer has said they are in breech and is preparing the case.

I am so happy for you that you are getting a relatively good run from their product, this thread is about the other 95% of people who are getting shafted day in and day out by them, but congrats to you.

By all means keep pointing your finger, one day you may find it pointing back at you!

(I am sorry this seems a little poorly toned I usually enjoy reading your posts)