PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jabiru Bad experience
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2014, 10:50
VH-XXX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is impossible to pull the throttle rotating mechanism past the stop located on the side of the carburetor, basic physics that one!

If the engine stops when the throttle is pulled out of the dash regardless of the strength of the pilot(s), then the idle stop is incorrectly set. Pretty simple really.

What will be wrong in the instances of stoppages mentioned above, is that the location of the cable assembly is incorrect both where it passes through the firewall and also through the holder attached to the carby. In all honesty if your mechanic can't get this right, they should stick to lawn mowers and I'm not referring to ultralights either. Failing that the problem will go away after replacing the throttle cable. I would be more than happy to demonstrate the correct fitting of the cable whenever I next pass through wherever this problem exists.

You will never ever get me back in that piece of $hit wing cracking, engine failing, random flap retracting, small wheelled uncomfortable aircraft.
Would love to hear more on the wing cracking and random flap retraction. Both of those if reported would probably warrant an SB. As for random flap retraction, they are either manual flaps on an old LSA55 or electric in the J160 onwards and short of some shoddy maintenance I can't imagine why the flaps would randomly retract. No wonder these aircraft are getting a bad name when mechanics can't seem to look after them properly.