PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK How many are really leaving?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2014, 08:57
aussiefarmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, new to the forum. Just felt the urge to register and write a few lines.

Not sure how many are really leaving, but there's certainly more if things keep going the way they're going at the moment.

- I understand that due to many reasons EK needs to increase fares for staff travel tickets. They could just send a note or an email stating the fact and the reasons behind. But sending an email hiding it and, on top of that, advertising it as a massive new benefit? Sounds like no respect for us. (By the way, 20% increase in ID90 for me to fly back home compared to 2013).

- Salary - housing allowance. A 0.5% pay increase last year against a 15% inflation. Massive pay cut.

- I wonder what are they saying to people attending the roadshows when average time to command must be around 8-10 years (at least!) and the advantages of being an expat in Dubai are slowly fading away?

Just a quick thought to finish.

I came to Dubai (and I think everyone else's too) because I could have a better living standard than back home and I was planning to save some good money and help me retire earlier. (Maybe even send my kids to a better uni). Nowadays, Dubai is so expensive and our salary so outdated that I can't save, and my living standard is deteriorating day by day.

Thinking of alternatives now.