PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jabiru Bad experience
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2014, 05:31
deadstick1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XXX your confusing two different aircraft here mate, The independent report is for the 3300 in my 230, the reason there was no log book at jabiru when it was independently inspected was because it wasn't requested, Jabiru did however request extracts from it! Yes of course the engine was maintained by the book and torque checks of the thru bolts conducted at the settings advised by the factory (if I recall somewhat lower than initial settings)

Only number 4 head from that engine reached a temp above 200c, shows how invested Jab are in the facts when plying their facts on failures.

The cracked heads and the valve seat failure are from the 160 all within 300 hours from Top end overhaul and no this engine was never at Bankstown since they O/H'd it.

Its not a falling out with Jabiru mate, I am posting my experiences as stated previously to inform people, yes they are entitled to make up their own mind either way and im not trying to sway it, just the raw facts!

I am so sick of people wading in accusing a Jabiru owner of incorrect maintenance or operation, give me a break please its getting old.