PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2014, 05:17
Stalins ugly Brother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SUB...far from it my friend, I don't wish to see Qanatas fail at all. I was looking at the current QF/EK partnership and I was just posing a question, that was all.
No problems SOP. Just the flight decks at the moment are somber places to be with the young guys contemplating their futures or if they actually have one. Having EK waived in their face as AJ keeps on giving away our old flying doesn't help, so offering EKs assistance on the SYD-DFW-BNE/SYD probably won't help increase morale.

Reportedly, analyst Carolyn Holmes thinks Virgin Australia’s goal of constantly expanding its domestic market share means Qantas will not be able to offset the impact on its core profit driver.
Virgin is putting pressure on Qantas by undercutting it on domestic routes. Qantas holds the majority of the domestic market in Australia, and relies on this to fund its international business.
Joyce thinks they are using Virgin Australia as a proxy to place unfair pressure on its domestic airline, therefor making it harder for the airline to sustain its international arm.
These quotes above bolster AJs argument that Virgin, with the backing of their international owners, are in this to dump capacity in the Australian domestic market and squeeze Qantas to financial oblivion. There is no doubt over the last five years we have endured probably the worst management in corporate history at QF, but I do agree at the moment that no local business has ever had to endure this blatant sort of sabotage from international competitors through a puppet company (Virgin) like what is happening now. The playing field is truly not even at the moment. And I can guarantee that if this $300 mill capital raising doesn't work this time there will be another, then another to follow until they have their result. So where will it end?

Standby for the Government to step in soon.