PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jabiru Bad experience
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2014, 04:58
motzartmerv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, i was at the controls when this particular engine fried.
It happended within a few seconds and there wasnt much i could do about it.
I am a little tired of hearing about the "operator error". Look dudes, the FACT is, this plane was always operated within the specs of both the maintenance manuals and the flight manuals. It cooked in seconds and has yet to be fully explained.
If this failure was some sort of random out of the blue failure then I wouldn;'t have much more to say about it. But its far from random, the donks are rubbish. Pure and simple. yea sure, blame the operator or the maintainer, but sooner or later this Jabiru copout will have to be answered to with facts. When you do try this you are greeted with the sort of underhanded BS that deadstick has posted here.
The simple solution for my school has been to go back to a real aeroplane engine. And low and behold.....problem solved... No more random failures and rubbish factory attitudes.. Just constant, reliable, trustworthy performance..
Sorry jB, BUT WE TRIED TO USE YOUR PRODUCT. BUT IT FAILED ..MISERABLY..
PS. having operated half a dozen of these things over multiple years in a variety of conditions, i believe my statements are backed by actual experience, and not just hearsay etc.