PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC135 HEMS accident in Norway
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2014, 02:28
SASless

Received 512 Likes on 214 Posts
49......the Brits just don't want to hear it!

They know all about how to do this EMS stuff don't you know....why look at the sheer numbers of them swarming about the UK day and night.

Mind you they have HSE Policies that forbid Fire Brigade Rescue Staff from using equipment that might save a life if they have not been trained on it....letting an injured person die as a result.

But hey.....you know....Rules are Rules and all that old Chap. We had a thread on that as i recall....something about a poor sod who fell into a deep hole....and old well or something....who expired before he was gotten out because some Management Type forbid the fire crew from improvising lifting gear and requiring them to wait many hours for "qualified" help to arrive.

The first time one of them cuts a set of Wires down and kills someone....perhaps we might remind them of the comments made in this thread.

Now seriously speaking.....49 confirms what I have been saying.

It is not a perfect world over here....but folks....we give it a serious effort to improve what we do.....and try to forge collaborative partnerships with those we work with in retrieving injured people from field sites.

It is in our very own best interests to do so.....as it is in yours too.

I challenge you to defend doing nothing as compared to what we do.