PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2014, 20:28
CheekyVisual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Fogg I'm not sure what point you are trying to make but the fact is I was simply directly comparing the later day baby ops and current veuling ops. Veuling have very sensibly seen a good opportunity to use their aircraft based in places like agp and alc to operate in to CWL and probably make a good profit. I am not suggesting this is a bad thing and agree with macdo. No big player is going to base at CWL any time soon so something is better than nothing and I know a few people who have travelled veuling and have been impressed. Baby could have tried harder but didn't and the aircraft utilisation became unsustainable.

The problem with w patterns from CWL based aircraft is that the only routes that make money are ones such as agp and alc not ideal for w patterns as back to back uk meds don't work due to ftl's. The charter aircraft do operate w patterns but in general the crews don't and leaving crews all over the country doesn't fit the low cost model, even for Ryanair. So that leaves you spanish internals or perhaps something from spain to portugal or france. Ryanair do a lot if it but you've got to be a big name in the European market to make it work. Baby we're never a big enough name outside the uk. They did try a BFS-PRG as a w from CWL but it didn't last long and BFS wasn't ever that profitable to start with especially after fly be started bhd. And if you are suggesting veuling should be thinking about w patterns from CWL to other domestic or near Europe destinations I fear you are going to be sadly disappointed.