PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GSS contract with BA terminated
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2014, 13:24
cockygashandlazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those that are familiar with GSS the gravity of this announcement is clear. However, I will make it clear for the others. GSS was established to fly this contract. It is their only contract. This story is being sold as a contract cancellation and GSS are looking for more work. I find it very hard to believe they will succeed in that endeavour before the end of April. This news is potentially the end of GSS and the end of employment for the entire workforce.

There is the hope of the mid-contract cancellation payment sustaining a GSS skeleton crew after the contract ends with the hope of finding more work. However, in a rented office with rented computers and desks, I can only be a realist.

In regards to Qatar; as far as I understand IAG cargo is merely buying space on the existing Qatar route network, albeit with Qatar taking the hit on adding extra rotations to suit IAG, therefore the entire contact has been cancelled and is not continuing. This means no hope of TUPE for the staff (small hope or consolation that it was anyway).

Good luck everyone.