PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2014, 10:33
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flybe

flybe

Certainly interesting development but not a total surprise as I posted on the flybe thread only six to eight 175's were scheduled to fly in the original revised timetable.

With the six 175's as insuindi has stated there should be more changes to come to increase late morning & early afternoon flying although the afternoon Amsterdam is now showing as the 175.

Could we seen a new destination to mainland Europe, say once a day?

The based Q400's still seem to go AMS, ABZ, JER and GLA in the morning, which with the Paris CDG 195 makes 11 based.

Other than the impact on local jobs at BHX if added to the expected increase in Monarch seats (due to more A321) then 2014 might not be as bad as first thought.

Nigel - Thomas Cook I think is the loss of one flight and a few seats.

Two flybe 195 flights lost with one Orbest gained. The 757 flights have just been juggled some gains and losses on inividual routes but I believe the same number of flights as 2013.

On general matter it is widely acknowledged that the current period is tough and the flybe reductions back this up but overall BHX seems to be thriving with add-hoc freight, GA, training, charters and MAEL and hopefully this is all adding to the bottom line.

The downside is the lack of news re Biman - still not bookable I believe.

Pete