PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Maritime Patrol Aircraft - An Urgent Requirement
Old 19th Jan 2014, 10:29
Roland Pulfrew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
If your credit card keeps being rejected everytime you try to order something new online, then stop shopping until you sort it out. The MOD's credit rating is pants. Unless and until the MAA mans up and reveals why MRA4 wasn't granted an RTS and names names, then that credit rating will remain pants and the catalogue items a distant dream.
The MOD's credit card being rejected?? I must have missed all of the new equipment that has hit the frontline in recent years. There has been lots of new kit delivered that suggests the MOD "credit rating" isn't pants!! MRA4 may be a separate issue, but we are starting to make ourselves look pretty foolish with our main partner in the RJ programme!

I presume these have not been ignored for the last decade thus the assets needed for Afg are in excess of those needed for the other tasks.
Not according to my army opposite numbers. Training has been Afg focused for many years and the routine training has been allowed to wain. C17s will be needed for the foreseeable future (have a look at any of the 2020 plans, as will Voyager (different roles to C17), as will A400 (different roles to C17 and Voyager). As for Chinook, useful in a broad range of roles, will be our main medium/heavy lift hello for the foreseeable future, particularly once the green Merlin's replace the Junglies.