PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Maritime Patrol Aircraft - An Urgent Requirement
Old 19th Jan 2014, 10:12
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
If we could lift our heads out of the Boys Bumper MPA Catalogue for just a moment, I think we might find we have a problem in getting our basket from the view to the checkout phase. Why didn't MRA4 or Rivet Joint sail through that process? Because post Philip no-one will sign off the RTS! You have to confront the elephant in the room as tuc says:-
Many purport to know what happened with MRA4 and other failures, but I'd like to know how many met their legal obligation to report the systemic failings through their management chain.
If your credit card keeps being rejected everytime you try to order something new online, then stop shopping until you sort it out. The MOD's credit rating is pants. Unless and until the MAA mans up and reveals why MRA4 wasn't granted an RTS and names names, then that credit rating will remain pants and the catalogue items a distant dream.
I suggest that the first step down the long road of reform should be the immediate separation of the MAA and the MAAIB from the MOD and from each other, and then watch the sparks fly!