PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC135 HEMS accident in Norway
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2014, 03:06
SASless

Received 512 Likes on 214 Posts
How many of those are paid staff of government run organizations?

What commitment does the Management of the government run organizations have to providing training? What amount of their training budget goes towards related training?

If you train a cadre.....can they not then in turn train others?

One has to be realistic.....until there is an acceptance of the need to gear up, train up, there will be no progress.

I've taken a wander through Scotland on more than a few occasions....by Helicopter, Airplane, Car, and foot.....it compares to some of the more rural places in my part of the country.

We found a way to get our Fire Brigades....both full time and Volunteer trained to the extent the system works. It is a constant effort to keep enough folks trained and current to provide the service....but we at least acknowledge the need to do so and work at getting it done.

It is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it serves the need.

We have over 800 EMS Helicopters in the Country....operated by government and private organizations....and Emergency services run by most every level of government and non-government operations most of which rely upon Volunteers.

Are you saying there isn't sufficient support for the training.....or the scale of EMS operations is such there is not enough need for it?

I have volunteered my services in the past.....for several projects.....one even in the UK.