PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop bashing "P2F"
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2014, 23:35
somethingclever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem will become apparent to you, my Young friend, when 5 years from now you are overlooked for an upgrade to captain because other pilots are paying 15000 pounds for the privilege. I bet it will be all laughs and giggles when you find yourself flying right seat with a captain who's just bought YOUR left-seat. Oh boy oh boy if those ragged faux-sheepskin seats could speak eh buddy! They'd share a few select cuss words alright.

Or when your company changes aircraft types and you have pale 19-year old DREAMERS crawling over each other eager to pay the conversion fee of 20000 pounds while you stand to the side thinking "Like, WTF mate?"

You will kick and scream and call them w-ores, sell-outs and so on. But you know, it takes one to know one. The next interview you have, the guy will know one thing about you at least. That you will pay for whatever he wants you to pay for.

The point is this and you will remember these words ten years from reading them: Someone else behind you will always have fewer brains and more money than you and they will purchase whatever you think should be earned. To "live their like, dream, mate, innit".

You WILL be paying money one way or the other during your career for:

Uniform
Insurance
Accomodation on night stops
Upgrade to captain
Line-training
Aircraft type changes
Base change
You will see a decline in salary
You will lose your pension plan if you have one

Because other people on this planet are prepared to pay for these things, you will end up paying too. The race to the bottom is happening right now and you my friend are running full throttle and bragging about it. "Like...WTF innit mate, whateva..."

Get it? No? Give it some time.