PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop bashing "P2F"
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2014, 22:05
Ollie Onion

Received 221 Likes on 76 Posts
I have never had to pay for a type rating or job and I was also flying a jet very young (20 years old). I don't have an issue as such with P2F except for the fact that it is the sign of a shameful trend of companies 'subsidising' their running costs by playing on the dreams and aspirations of pilot wannabees.

Secondly, it is a real shame that the 'major' selection criteria of these schemes is infact the candidates 'ability' to pay the huge money required. He says with such ease 'just P2F' and get on with it, well sunshine it is not that simple for a lot of the population. It is a shame that potentially great candidates and skillful aviators are closed out of the market due to not having money to buy a job.

Perhaps the biggest draw back of such schemes is it allows people onto the flight deck who ordinarily would not get a look in. Someone who 'crows' from every rooftop to anyone who will listen just 'how great' he is, in my opinion, has no place in an airliner cockpit. It is a recipe for disaster.