PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop bashing "P2F"
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2014, 21:44
Calmcavok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sincerely hope junior isn't for real. I've heard of this attitude in the newbies, but fortunately have not yet experienced it for real.

FWIW, I did a ULR last month, and between the four of us, there was in excess of 65,000 hours experience in the flightdeck, gained through a mixture of piston, turboprop, regional jet, shorthaul, military & long haul ops. This diverse experience provides a hell of a lot of fall back should the hit the fan. My point is that, whilst you are bragging about bagging the medium jet by 19, and TRE by 29 (hopefully), you've forfeited a boat load of quality experience to get the shiny jet. Because you have unlikely done anything between school and airline, your wider life experience is also tremendously lacking, meaning you really bring nothing to the party except your SOP knowledge. Admittedly we were all in a similar position at some point or another, but by being aware of your potential shortcomings and massive inexperience, you may show a little humility and reflect upon the luck that has been bestowed upon you. You are where you are as an accident of birth.

As to the merits of your choice of career path, that's up to you and the financial backing you can find. Coming on here and bragging about your relative wealth, making your own luck (you didn't, it was purchased) and being disparaging about others who haven't bought their way into an airline is unsightly and really not cool.

Good luck though, you must demonstrate some decent level of aptitude. But remember, on prune you will see a lot of people refer to the saying "there by the grace of god..." They may not be religious, but reflect on that statement and it's inherent meaning.