PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIVERPOOL-3
Thread: LIVERPOOL-3
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2014, 20:36
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be completely honest, I do personally have a significant preference for Manchester Airport over Liverpool and the migration of further Ryanair traffic from Liverpool to Manchester is overall welcome news to me.

That said, it plays no part in any judgment and it certainly is not my agenda or any other interest to see Liverpool in decline, or any other airport for that matter.

Liverpool was once one of Europe's fastest growing airports and continued to perform particularly well in the early recession years compared to rival airports. Even up until 2011 was a very good year at Liverpool.

But we are getting to a stage now where the vast majority of airports in the UK are seeing quite healthy levels of growth once again but Liverpool has now got 3 consecutive years of decline.

If Liverpool continues to decline at a time of recovery from recession and when other airports are growing, that is as much of a concern to me as the airport's biggest ever fan.

My intention was to in fact highlight the significance of Liverpool's bleak outlook especially when compared to competing airports' and the threats attached. Certainly not to take pleasure in any decline!