PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop bashing "P2F"
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2014, 13:09
Wodka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Troll or not, truth is he is right sadly. The system has changed forever.

You can't co-ordinate action among low hour pilots because it's akin to herding cats. It's dog eat dog now.

I did the self improver route... glider towing, para dropping and now on a medium TP but don't see myself moving onto jets anytime soon due to the way the system works now. It will take a lot more networking and a fair dab of luck.

At the same time, I know a guy who started more or less same time as me and did P2F with bmi then got into easy. He is now gearing up for a command. His 30k gamble paid off and he is years ahead now in terms of both career and money. He essentially made his own luck albeit with massive stakes.

Whilst I value the varied flying I have done and have had great experiences working my way up the industry, I don't have a pot to pi$$ in and have to be constantly reminded by my boss that there are people queuing round the block for my job if I don't like it.

All told though, I would not change it. My experiences have made me the person I am and the Pilot I am and for that I am thankful. These are my stories to bore people in the cruise with. What will be your stories Mr 19yr old?