PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The way we were - Ansett, TAA, Qantas
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2014, 08:44
pppdrive

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Brisbane, Maryborough, Hervey Bay, Bundaburg.

Burger61 - I think your time must have been just before mine. When I arrived in Hervey Bay I went to Sunnies Agent (Bezants Harvey World Travel) to see about a job at the Airport. Was advised "it's a one man operation and we have a man already, but they thought that the Maryborough Agent needed someone for MBH Airport." Off to MBH for an interview and got the job. On the way back I called in to HVB just to intorduce myself to the man at HVB Airport (as we'd be working closely together). I found out he lived in MBH and travelled each day to HVB and I would be doing the exact opposite and we decided it would be better for both of us if we swapped jobs, so he then worked in MBH and I took over in HVB. Flights then operated BNE-MBH-HVB-MBH-BNE but then changed to BNE-MBH-HVB-BNE and BNE-HVB-MBH-BNE which was a more sensible approach I think. Sunnies had the route to themselves in those days.

Air Support - Mohawk vs Shed....no comparison. Whist the Mohawk I believe was not quite as easy from a ground handling point of view it was certainly far more passenger friendly. When Majestic operated them most passengers were delighted with the comfort and speed against a flight in the Shed. A lot of unhappy passengers when the Mohawk disappeared.