PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help me design a rental airplane.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2014, 07:00
BroomstickPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New training step

Hi Chuck,

First of all I should like to say how nice it is to see you back again on Pprune; you've been missed.

I feel you need to be more specific about the particular market you intend to serve. This is because there could be other kinds of 'customer', besides young persons intent upon a commercial career, who would benefit greatly from what you have to teach, but might need a different emphasis.

The people I have in mind in particular are those PPLs, who wish to remain private pilots, but who feel the need to develop their flying skills to a much higher standard that is verified by some kind of test or examination.

I agree with you that there is much too big a gap between PPL and CPL, (especially here in the EUSSR) and personally I consider the existing PPL training syllabus is very basic and quite out of date.

Yet there is nothing 'official' to encourage the acquisition of better flying skills. For that you have to look to the training market for something 'unofficial'. But even there, the opportunities are limited.

I have no idea what, if anything, is available elsewhere in the EUSSR, but here in the UK 'Ultimate High' alone have been offering an 'advanced PPL' certificate (their Basic Wings) for some years. [http://www.ultimatehigh.co.uk] Their syllabus apparently embraces: -

• Airmanship
• Captaincy and Decision-making under pressure
• Operating at the boundaries of the flight envelope
• Navigation through controlled airspace
• The ability to deal with individual and/or multiple emergencies

Apart from the 'Ultimate High' course there is nothing. Perhaps this might give you a starting point for thought.

Good luck, Chuck, it will be interesting to see what you come up with.

kind regards,

BP.