PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B Mandate – ATCs Responsible for Deaths?
Old 18th Jan 2014, 02:48
dubbleyew eight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I keep hearing rumors that things are about to change with this new mob. I don't hold much hope for the Truss 'review' but looking at a wider picture, 'post review' may lead up to the Brandis/ Attorney General matter already having the wheat separated from the chaff to suit it's initial requirements for the terms of reference. Of note one being the reversal of the burden of proof which could put paid to the criminalization of administrative breeches and open the door to having the whole 23+ years of regulation review 'dimwittery' put to the sword and put in place the FAR's equivalent.
I sincerely hope that you are correct.
the move to strict liability is the very stupidest change in law ever inflicted on a basically honest population of pilots.

from my personal perspective I got back into aviation after a break about 15 years ago now. I read all the aviation acts, all the regs all the other aviation bumf. locked it away in the head.
I didnt agree with it all but understood it.

I absolutely refuse to read any of this new legislative crap. It is heading inthe wrong direction and it is all crap. all of it.

I would support the entire dismissal of CASA and replaced by contracting out the oversight to Transport Canada.

In Classic Wings Downunder issue 91 is a wonderful testament to just how bad CASA is.
The Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum were restoring to airworthiness a Lancaster Bomber.
I quote from the article...
"The restoration work took many years with great assistance from Air Canada, Dowty, Western Propeller and many others. The Department of Transport also supported the Lancaster restoration by issuing a Restricted Certification Authority letter in March 1985. This RCA allowed the DOT in Ottawa to supervise the restoration from arms length and the CWHM to certify the Lancaster without having the endorsement on a private aircraft mechanics licence."

Can you imagine HARS ever having that sort of cooperation from our Fumble Fort? CASA need to be abolished from Australian Aviation permanently.