PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B Mandate – ATCs Responsible for Deaths?
Old 18th Jan 2014, 00:06
Frank Arouet

Location: dans un cercle dont le centre est eveywhere et circumfernce n'est nulle part
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ronald McDonald in a pink tutu would still be more popular than Warren Truss. The aviation portfolio needs a loose cannon like Barnaby Joyce or Fiona Nash to run the show.

As you correctly say, the government is grudgingly tolerated and held in constant suspicion in the US, while here, I believe, the government is held captive by the Bureaucracy. Some sort of 'Stockholm Syndrome' aberration?

BTW has anyone heard anything about when the DAS is going? Is it still February?

I keep hearing rumors that things are about to change with this new mob. I don't hold much hope for the Truss 'review' but looking at a wider picture, 'post review' may lead up to the Brandis/ Attorney General matter already having the wheat separated from the chaff to suit it's initial requirements for the terms of reference. Of note one being the reversal of the burden of proof which could put paid to the criminalization of administrative breeches and open the door to having the whole 23+ years of regulation review 'dimwittery' put to the sword and put in place the FAR's equivalent.

But I've been wrong before.

Last edited by Frank Arouet; 18th Jan 2014 at 00:14. Reason: Flower pots keep me awake at nights.