PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 17th Jan 2014, 15:15
Bladecrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what I am getting at is, that were the fuel gauge problem problem present, the calculations regarding viability of the Dalkeith trip, and of bingo fuel on task would have been invalid as they would have been based on incorrect (optimistic) contents readings
What strikes me as a key point about the faulty fuel readings scenario is that as well as having misled the pilot when determining whether to accept the Dalkeith tasking, and when calculating bingo fuel on the task, when the red light finally appeared, the gauges were still showing fuel available, and there were still no amber lights
Falcon900 - where do you get this from? The defect with the fuel system found on several EC135s was that an amber FUEL caution didn't illuminate on the CAD when the fuel reached a certain level, i.e. a faulty sensor. The red FUEL WARNING is a separate system. There is no evidence to suggest the fuel contents displayed was wrong as well?

You highlight something which I was assuming, ie that the fuel recovered by AAIB was not in a location where it could be used, and therefore as far as the engines were concerned didnt exist
If the fuel was not in the main or supply tanks where was it then?