PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American to lay off 2500 pilots
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2003, 13:41
dudly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, well I guess that the very excessive wages demanded by the APA has nothing to do with this.
Certainly would not agree.

411A, Ok, I will bite. What do you consider excessive wages. What does an AA pilot earn a year compared to a Delta, or a Southwest Pilot on the B737? Are Southwest pilots earning excessive wages, do Delta pilots earn excessive wages. I am trying to use companies that are not in BK to compare. That is getting harder and harder. I still maintain that in all industries, management controls the destiny of the corporation, the employees are only along for the ride no matter what they may think.

"Just because people make lateral moves does'nt give them the right to take someone else\s job, nor the right to keep working while more senior, more experienced pilots get furloughed"

B767300ER, Do you consider someone more senior to be more experienced? I was a military aviator, mostly single engine single seat. It was always the most capable person that led the flights. When it got down to the short hairs, rank (seniority) had little to do with the capabilities of the individuals concerned. I suppose the airline community only has seniority to base experience on. But age, in my opinion, has rarely meant anything when it comes to raw ability. just one persons perspective. Heres hoping this whole nightmare of recession, 911, war, sars, and whatever is next passes quickly and all have their jobs back. Good luck.