PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Maritime Patrol Aircraft - An Urgent Requirement
Old 17th Jan 2014, 12:13
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
tofo

Know what you mean but isn't it sad that despite knowledgeable people posting facts on the threads there are still those who don't accept them. When that happens you probably need to repeat them otherwise they might just be the next ones to make the same old mistakes. Lacking a public inquiry, posting here is probably the best of any debate. At the very least, you learn how easy it is for MoD propaganda to become accepted fact.

Another key aspect is this. Many purport to know what happened with MRA4 and other failures, but I'd like to know how many met their legal obligation to report the systemic failings through their management chain. When I did, I was told I was the only one in MoD who thought as I did. Still got the letter, and last month MoD confirmed they stand by it (which has led directly to me being called to give evidence to the HCDC). I knew that to be wrong, because at least 3 colleagues did the same. Also, of course, the RAF Inspector of Flight Safety chipped in, numerous times. Had Haddon-Cave mentioned IFS's reports, his own Nimrod Review would only have needed to be a few pages! As a civilian I was used to being ignored, but ignoring IFS is something far more sinister.