PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Link Train daft idea...
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2014, 07:54
John Hill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Ross

Thanks for the information and responding so quickly, I dont even know what version we have but it would have been installed here when Ashburton, (New Zealand) was an EATS primary training location in WWII.

I was actually hoping that someone might have converted one to do the original job which was to simulate instrument flying and maybe even drive the spare desk top crab we have on hand. There would of course be no projected scenery etc. Presumably there is information available to show what electrical signals are required to drive the various instruments including the crab. You mentioned 'sim instruments', are these period style instruments modified for easy computer interfacing, I will Google them right now.

Of course I am perfectly prepared to accept that this is really an unrealistic project for us but I thought I should at least ask if others have done it.

Unfortunately I dont think we have any of those parts surplus but I will be out there tomorrow and I will take a look. I must say though that being a community supported all volunteer museum trading or selling stuff we have been given is always a real minefield.

John