PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American 587 question
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2014, 18:19
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any time you are going to use the rudder in flight, you do so gingerly and reluctantly, and only as a last resort. Your comments about stomping on the pedals or using full rudder as a procedure show a complete lack of understanding of swept wing flight, and your numerous references to TV programmes, which are often misleading and inaccurate, including ACI, suggests you are not a commercial pilot. To that end, I think you owe some of the other respondents on this thread an apology for being argumentative and dismissing their posts.
Sir I never once mentioned in flight, you think I'm suicidal? I was talking in the aspects approach/departure in relation to a sudden bank from wake. My comments about stomping on the rudder were to show what the outcome was I hope you don't believe I'm recommending that to anyone, I repeated how dangerous that was and its result on 587 numerous times. The rudder reversal was correct - I referenced the NTSB report and a clip from ACI.

I am not a commercial pilot where did I say I was?

Hmm apology for what, being truthful and asking a question with all facts provided?

Thanks for input.