PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK HEMS and NVGs
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2014, 12:33
SASless

Received 517 Likes on 215 Posts
SAR.....doing One Skids was part of the task guarding Nuclear Weapons....done in an aircraft equipped with machine-guns.....not Public Transport.

If you cannot grasp the fact that NVG's greatly enhance the safety of Night Flight and that in parts of the World we operate on a basis of doing the mission as safely as possible then there is scant hope of having any kind of rational discussion.

You will note that in the current Thread about the EMS Fatal Crash I have made no criticism of the Crew. I did post saying small power lines with Poles/Pylons hidden within the woodbine were very hard to see and posed great hazards.

My post here clearly states I have flown a twin engined helicopter using NVG's and did every maneuver done without NVG's.....with NVG's to include some that are a darn sight harder to do than those done by an EMS Operator operating under Public Transport Standards and Procedures.

So it would appear to me you are just trying to be snotty over something you did not agree with in the past.

You are quite out of order.....personal insult is not the way to win your argument.....in fact it merely means you lose as you destroy your credibility as my response will be to reject your rudeness and skip anything you hoped to say about the issue.