PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hello
Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2014, 11:38
bbl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks you all for the input.
it never be blunt to voice out the truth, i fully understand, no problem.

i know i missed the boat long long ago.
the school that i'm going to get in, it was sitting there near 30yrs ago already.
i should get in that school 20yrs ago if i was in the right track.
i'm hoping i can make up the time to put me back on the right track.

sorry, i didn't reply one by one, but i will reply it all here.

i'm 41 now, by the time i finish the professional pilot program, i should be a little over 42. the course only take 1 yr or about 13 months. it depends how hard i work. it is not a diploma course, it is just a professional program. i will be on full time for sure. so about 1 year is the time require.
Adelaide AE program training takes 33 weeks. so the dream is before 43 or a bit over 43 to get the AE program training done.

AE program is open for international who has the CPL, MEIFR and with 250hr of FT, but they prefer people with HKID.

as the entire licensing for the PPL, CPL, ME and MEIFR is expensive. and there is no place to learn this in hk, so i think, not much people with HKID had done this on their own cost. So, i think this is the advantage for me. (please correct me if i'm over optimistic)

i know i'm unrealistic. i'm a dreamer, but i know it is not 100% infeasible. just the chance is getting low due to my old age. i still had the chance to get into CX.

i guess cadet program is another case, they learn from zero to licensed. while the AE is already licensed to learn more experience for the flight in work. i guess the cost of the AE program is a lot lower to run. (sorry, please correct me if i'm wrong.)

i think the cadet is huge cost, because everyone in the class is learn from zero.
but for the AE program, student already gets all the licenses before they enter to the program. so i guess, like me, self funded for all licenses should still not that hard to get in. (i hope)

i think the most priority they want is with HKID. (i guess)

the reasons why i want to get into to CX AE program:
1) they have good salary to start
2) they provide on job training for who got all require licenses with 250hrs FT.
3) job base in hong kong, i still want to work a bit more in hk before i come back to canada.

i have read though "the truth about the profession".
i think the job market in canada should be similar to USA.

i think, my 2nd choice will be go back to Canada if i fail the flying job in hong kong. To get small flying job to start in canada, hopefully 1 day i can get into airline.
i love canada which i used to live here in vancouver. but at this time,
as i already back in HK for job, and i dying from another industrial. i want to work out myself in here again before i want to go back to vancouver.

i'm afraid the flying job in the USA, after i check though the entire web "the truth about the profession". i never know some pilots are on food stamps, very bad. i can't believe a profession life can be end up like this.

i really want to give it a try for the pilot training, and try to get into the profession. i'm sure i will regret if i didn't do it in this life. but on the other hand, i'm also worry about how i can get my pilot job and can i get into airline? i'm old, not so many yrs of life i can waste.

please tell me if i'm right:
1st choice, try CX AE in hong kong.
if fail, then go back to vancouver to find small flying job.