PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet shocking service at Gatwick!
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2014, 11:26
Davef68

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by fa2fi
I'd recommend everyone use the App. It's really good. I was able to see that day my flight was cancelled, so I drove. On the day in question aircraft were fuelled with crew sat on the craft waiting to go and the operation was very go minded that day. It was pretty late on before it became apparent that the North terminal operation had to be stopped. It was so unprecedented that LGW management have been before the select committee. That day was horrendous but I recommend you all get the app as the flight tracker is the best I've seen and the info you get is direct from the people who make the operational decisions, and not a middle man.

It is good, but unfortunately (for me) not available for Windows Phone. However, I can access the website, which usually does have the info, usually hours before you get it at the airport.

I have noticed a pattern of airports not giving out delayed/cancelled flight information until the last possible moment, often after the 'flight call in 5 minutes' board announcement. e.g. in one case there was no way they didn't know the flight was being delayed by 2 hours until after the scheduled boarding time, but that was when they told us. I'd already worked it out by looking at the delay on the incoming aircraft on the web!

And my two worst customer service experiences last year were with Easy and Gatwick. Once, watching my flight take off after being stuck outside the terminal due to a security alert, the second was a 6 hour delay whilst watching three other EZY flights to my destination take off.(Easier and cheaper to compensate 1 flight load than 3 no doubt!).

Strangely, I never have bad EZY experiences elsehwere!