PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2014, 10:44
Angels-One-Five

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair reported to be basing 7 extra aircraft from the start of summer schedules.

Thomas Cook basing an extra aircraft (2 A321 rather than 1 A320)

Don't think any easyjet aircraft have been added yet but there is the distinct possibility.

Assuming the 7 FR airframes do 4 sectors per day, that's 28 sectors, or 56 movements - around 12% increase on the average daily movements from summer 2013. Add in the kestrel and any additional easyjet, business jet traffic (fayair and inflight are getting more bookings) plus the maintenance aircraft into and out if the diamond hangar (they have the Thompson maintenance contract and gave been retrofitting crew bunks to the 787 fleet as well as maintenance on the B738s).

Persistent rumour Air Blue might turn up at some point but I'm not convinced. Long haul service won't add many movements but would be good for the airport non the less.

LTN bating was meant as a bit of fun - it does seem that a lot if the posters based/interested in LTN are a obsessed with STN and determined to do it down. I think there is room for growth at both airports and I would like to see The dominance if Heathrow reduced but I know it's bit going to happen in reality.