PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sky News reporting bizjet crash Jan 12
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2014, 07:40
CaptainProp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deefer dog -

I read everything you wrote, every single bit of it. I kindly suggest you read your own post again ask yourself this question "Am I really making sense here?"

No lecturing from my side, just my opinion and you are free to agree/disagree.

But do you REALLY not agree?

There were several reasons as to why I did not reply more in detail to your comments and questions on my four points on why not to fly DIY approaches. One of them was that I suspected your comments were made either to wind people up, or if that was not the case, then because you do not know what you are talking about. Another reason was that I did not want to end up spending too much space here focusing on this part of the discussion.

You see, IF we assume that your comments, questions and suggestions on "DIY" approaches, with regards to terrain clearance, lateral and vertical, turn radius etc etc were all taken in to consideration, and I mean properly surveyed by professional surveyors, then it would not be the kind of DIY approach that we are talking about here anymore. That would make them surveyed approaches that could get approved and PUBLISHED.
What we are talking about here, and that I presume you were talking about in your response to my comments, are the ones where pilots fly around in VFR conditions and make their own fixes, altitude restrictions, turn points etc. and then they go and do the same in IFR conditions thinking this is "safe"!!!!

For anyone, with any type of flying license, to keep banging on about how DIY approaches can be flown in a “safe” way is just beyond my understanding.

CP