PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Canberra, now Hobart
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2014, 05:28
SpannerTwister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by empire4
how many QF LAMEs are Level 5
I honestly have no idea, do you ?

I was trying, as imperfect as the system is, to compare apples with apples, that is, I selected the bottom-rung-single-licenced LAME from both companies.

Qantas employees, as you are well aware, gain levels for both additional licences and (blocks of four, subject to caps) years of service. There are an awful lot of "young" LAMEs around who are single-licenced and less than, say eight, years of service who will likely never see a double-digit level!

Furthermore. you cannot possible complain that a Qantas LAME with two or three types gets paid more than a LAME at any other company with just a single licence ?

all the other bolt on payments for everything else
Yes, Qantas engineers do get bolt-on payments for additional skills, responsibilities etc.

It's all detailed in the award I linked to, no surprises at all.

Oh, BTW, Cobham LAMEs also get similar bolt-on payments, their's are listed in the Cobham award linked to.

But hey, its your world. believe what you like.
Thank you, don't mind if I do.

If you really want to nit-pick why don't you point out that Qantas LAMEs work an "average" of 38 hours / week, Cobham LAMEs an "average" of 35 hours / week.

Page 35
Employees are required to work 35 ordinary hours a week or an average of 35 hours a week over a period up to but not exceeding 52 weeks.
Again, "The massive pay difference" between Cobham cleaners and Qantas Check-Captains, conclusively proving that all Qantas staff are grossly overpaid, is a result of ignorance, selective quoting, and, dare I say it, the "occasional" bit of deliberate mis-information.

SpannerTwister