PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Servisair / Swissport
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2014, 04:07
aergid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel After reading all relevant info; my thoughts.....

Announcing it had approved the deal Thursday, the Commission said: “The clearance is conditional upon the divestment of Swissport’s ground handling activities at Birmingham airport and Servisair’s ground handling activities at Helsinki, London Gatwick and Newcastle airports.”
Having worked at HEL and LGW for a time, the HEL Servisair Operation will probably go to one of the Scandanavian Handling Agents who already operate elsewhere in Finland. It isnt a big Airside Operation anyway with if I remember SAS & LOT being handled by them (SWP handle Finnair in HEL and its a huge hub).

As for LGW I am not sure who are now already there but ASIG &/or DNATA maybe???

NCL will get palmed off easy enough as it isnt a big Servisair operation which leaves BHX SWP Operation which again is not the biggest will probably again go to ASIG or DNATA...
I still say the core of SWP BHX staff will find themsleves on Ex-Servisair Contracts beofre the sell off (cherry picked as they say)....

BTW to all the current Servisair staff, I have been told life in Red isnt so bad Embrace the future and forget the past

I am glad I am out of that rat race now btw