PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2014, 00:05
Vorsicht

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I try and tell my kids that they have to see things how they really are, not how you wish them to be.

On it's current trajectory Qantas is going broke, that is how it really is. Qantas is being hammered by smarter, leaner and more flexible airlines.

Pointing the finger at management or unions is futile. What's done is done and you cannot change the past (i.e. bang on about whether 777's should have been ordered or if Borghetti should have been appointed). There is only two ways out of this. Government protection/support or cost cutting (or a combination of the two).

So far the Government is indicating it is not going to offer support and recent actions would suggest they are not bluffing. That leaves cost cutting. It will come, and it will come across the board because no particular group in isolation is the problem, but no particular group is immune either, and that obviously includes management.

The first and most important step will be to get rid of Joyce and Clifford. Until they go, there is no chance of getting employee support for any significant change. And without employee engagement the Company is doomed.