PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B Mandate – ATCs Responsible for Deaths?
Old 15th Jan 2014, 23:02
Hempy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dick Smith
If I was a professional controller I would not like to be told that I had to force business jets to low levels.....unless there was a good reason for it.
Really?? If you were a professional controller you wouldn't like to do anything that doesn't have a good reason for it explained to you? What would you do if no one could explain a 'good reason' to you, break the rules on your own authority or suck it up and do what you are told? That's how Aviation in this country works now Dick. You should know, you started it. The only difference is back then we all thought your ideas were ****, but you didn't, so we had to do what you wanted even though there was no 'good reason' for it to anyone other than you. Its still the same today...people making arbitrary decisions without consultation.

Blaming the ATC's is infantile and something I would have honestly thought was beneath your level of intelligence...ATC's are given rules to follow, if they don't follow them in todays highly regulated workplace they get stood down and potentially lose their livelihoods. If you want to bitch about the ADS mandate take it up with the rule makers not the poor bottom feeders at the console. Feeling irrelevant as you get older Dick? Reap the whirlwind..

Last edited by Hempy; 16th Jan 2014 at 00:18.