PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Canberra, now Hobart
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2014, 19:43
RENURPP

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
Well the 'wrinkle' comment was supposed to be tongue in cheek....I guess as a gen x I haven't quite got the hang of emoti-thingies.

Sure, no worries....

Crap seats, crew that couldn't give a s@$t about the pax, broken tray tables, constantly late departures, and calling themselves 'qantaslink' with a little 'operated by cobham' on the boarding pass!
Qantas own/lease the aircraft, therefore the interior is theirs. Cobham can't do much about "crap seats".
Tray tables are a problem. Poor design I suggest. I write up tray tables fairly regularly. What do you suggest Cobham do? I know what Qantas could do if they chose to. Have you travelled in a QLink dash 8 recently. Now they certainly need some attention within.
Regarding crew that couldn't give a s@$t about the pax. I flew mainline with my young daughter over the weekend and the service in business was atrocious. I wasn't on staff travel therefore as far as the CC were aware I was a fare paying passenger. The point being there are good and bad customer service people in all the branches of QF. qantas send people on various flights to monitor the performance of the cabin crew, I suggest they are more than happy with what they see. If you were really dissatisfied with the service you received, I expect you submitted a report?
Constantly late departures. I suggest you look at the on time record for all parts of the Qantas group and Airlink will surprise you with its performance. Having said that aircraft are delayed for several reasons, maintenance, catering ATC, weather, crew and the list goes on. Most of these are outside of the control of Cobham, i.e. the pax really only become a Cobham issue once they are on the aircraft. QF look after checkin, bus transfers etc etc etc.
Maintenance is generally a QF issue. They accept responsibility for most maintenance issue delays. Therefore if your flight is delayed, and out of Perth thats not uncommon who are you blaming?
You sound like a sour little man with a misguided agenda, find out the facts before you write such rubbish.
Imagine a world where you were employed by Qlink. You do their flying, so why not?
As of when did QLink start employing pilots?
Or a world where a Cobham FO could have a crack at a dash command.
I don't believe thats a realistic comment.
A large percentage of the F/Os come from the command turbo prop command background, i.e. Rex, Sunstate/Eastern, etc with others from the military Hercs, fast jets, some 737 guys. It is unsual to fly with an F/O who would like to go back to a Dash command, if they did they could transfer to Coast-watch, they pay better than Sunstate/Eastern in any case. (I think)
Maybe idiot was incorrect, fool or ignoramus looks a better fit.
An idiot, dolt, or dullard is an intellectually disabled person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way. Archaically the word mome has also been used. The similar terms moron, imbecile, and cretin have all gained specialized meanings in modern times. An idiot is said to be idiotic, and to suffer from idiocy. A dunce is an idiot who is specifically incapable of learning. An idiot differs from a fool (who is unwise) and an ignoramus (who is uneducated/an ignorant), neither of which refers to someone with low intelligence.

Last edited by RENURPP; 15th Jan 2014 at 19:59.