PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed after "serious" head injury stopped training in Oct 2011
Old 15th Jan 2014, 14:36
TL638

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Have been off the radar for a while now.

Just a quick update.

20 months off from flying due to my medical suspension. Went back to Oxford Aviation in July 13 to finish the IR stage and re-validate my CPL. Both passed first time by first week of september. Completed MCC and JOC in October and had my medical reinstated end Oct.

Now awaiting an E-mail from OAA re. Ryanair assessment (fingers crossed)

Still have 10 year OML on my medical, however I was informed by the Doctor at the CAA that I could probably get this removed after year 5 if I haven't had any issues in that time.

I was able to go back to training before I had my medical re-instated due to flying on my instructors class 1. I was fortunate that my accident occurred AFTER I had done all of my solo flights. Otherwise my career would be over before it started.

Just so you all know the CAA policy has now changed regarding head injuries and if you are placed in the severe category like I was you will be banned for a minimum of 3 years, not 2 like I was. All the information is on their website, together with what you need to do to get re-validated.