PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GoPro: Tips & Tricks
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2014, 13:09
localflighteast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wear mine on a headstrap for filming my flights. Don't have to worry about mounting it. It sits reasonably well under the headset but occasionally I have to tighten the strap , as it works loose, otherwise you end up balancing the weight of the camera on the bridge of your nose which is uncomfortable to say the least.

I also have an audio cable that goes between my headset and the camera which records all comms as well

I second the fire and forget mindset. I turn it on before I start the engine and it is the last thing I take off. If for some reason it becomes a problem in flight it gets pulled off and shoved in the seat pocket. I'm there to fly not film primarily.

As for Youtube and stuff. I edit snippets and put them up online but if I'm flying with an instructor I try to edit out the dialogue between us.

The way I look at it is that I made the decision to display my flying , flaws and all for the world to see, he didn't. SO out of respect for his privacy i do that.
if he's actually flying the pane for what ever reason then I send him the clip beforehand and ask his permission before posting