PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Provost
Thread: Jet Provost
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2014, 11:45
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really had no intentions of commenting on this thread, but I can't let EMMCCAN's initial post slide by.

Having read Unusual Attitude's somewhat less than positive appraisal, I feel that it was probably justified by neil's somewhat devious and economical reply (Perhaps he's a politician or an Accountant?)

Cost of fuel, a somewhat disingenuous statement, truth being, if you can't get a cut-price MOD uplift, (and you have to pay to go and get it...conveniently overlooked!)

Deadly silence about tank-contents before and after your sortie....at this sort of burn -rate, it's not difficult to imagine coming back with a £100 -or two difference...who pays? how? what happens if there's a "discrepancy2 between "last user" and "your flight" figures.

Full repaint and new engine.....very nice!...was that a cash-call to all members?... who made the decision? what happens if a low/no-hours member declines to meet the substantial cost of someone else's flying...or was this a "fait accompli"
Chance to deliver aircraft to an airshow, in exchange for free fuel...solo? pic? or just safety-pilot, covering P1's ass for nowt......and, of course, you can be pretty sure the costs don't end at fuel.

Sorry Neil, It's what you OMITTED to say, that disturbs me, though , to be even -handed, you have made a reply when you have been "called-out" on some of your "creative"
figures.

CAVEAT EMPTOR......disclaimer...As far as I'm aware, I do not know any of the participants in this thread, other than their presence here. I have NO interest in the subject aircraft or it's owners/operators. I have no vested interest, other than as a bystander who believes in open, honest and full transparent disclosure.