PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Canberra, now Hobart
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2014, 09:43
cloudsurfng

Received 75 Likes on 30 Posts
Interesting cloudsurfer. Not really a comparison between anything. Never mind.

You seem to be a fairly astute fellow, do you care to share with us how you would manage the cobham "problem"? Would you prefer your organisation take all the flying back?

Have you conveyed your concerns to QF management? You know AJ probably doesn't pprune don't you? Any way, good luck to you
I wasn't asked for a comparison. I was asked for my experience travelling on the 717. As a Full Fare pax too, by the way. I can compare it with the Ejet if you like. The Ejet, again, as a full fare pax, was much better. Friendlier staff, on time departures and a nice new interior.
Now, am I naive enough to believe that EVERY Ejet service is as good as the ones I had, or that EVERY 717 service is as bad as the multiple experiences Ive had? Of course not. But...FROM MY EXPERIENCES, the 717 operation was rubbish.

The 'Cobham problem' you say? You consider yourself a problem? Im sure you're expecting a typical jaded 'eff you all, give us our flying back'. I hate to disappoint, but not so.

Imagine a world where you were employed by Qlink. You do their flying, so why not? Imagine world where the current Qlink pilots had the opportunity to move to a jet. Or a world where a Cobham FO could have a crack at a dash command. Imagine having full QF staff travel benefits. A seniority list arrangement somewhat like the good parts of the A/Q merger. Imagine a world where the flying wasn't farmed out to the lowest possible bidder, where the company can't keep going back and forth from pilot group to pilot group saying 'but they'll do it for less". (Isn't that how the 717 arrangement started initially??)

I can stick to the hating profile if you like, but the above would be my 'solution' in an ideal world...

You are a misinformed idiot i'm afraid. I suspected so before your lats post, now I am sure.
Renurpp,

Thank you, I must remember to make sure my comments suit you, or else I will continue to incur the wrath of your character assessments.

I am pleased to see that you believe any passenger who has a bad experience on your 717 is a misinformed idiot. I don't see many QF/VA/JQ/TT crew jumping on here defending their airline with vigour when a passenger makes a complaint about a bad experience. In fact, most of the time, they would probably agree!

So next time I get on any aeroplane and something doesn't work, or the staff are rude to not just me, but everyone within earshot (and therefore I assume everyone on the aircraft), I must remember the valuable piece of advice that I got from you. 'Nope, this tray table aint broken....I must be a misinformed idiot.'
"Nope, im not late, it must be my watch. Nope, it can't be my watch...Im just a misinformed idiot"

But please....continue...