PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silkair Singapore
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2014, 05:05
syfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi shampers,

1)I was trying to do some calculations on the pay and tax. But I just want to double confirm whether the 14500sgd for 80 hours is a Captain's pay? Any guaranteed percentage increment annually?

2) How does MI fare in terms of allowance?
do they give separate allowance for productivity of hours and meal allowance? Or does the allowance is combined as one single rate?

3) For those who are on line-training, how is their pay like? I I don't suppose it will be full salary? Any particular percentage on the basic/allowance? Pro-rate salary perhaps?

4) regarding the role of safety copilots, are they allowed to log in P2 hours or none at all for MI? (The current airline I am working allows for P2hours as safety co.)

5) promotion for MI: from SO-> FO-> Captain
-is it possible to get promotion within MI only without going through SIA?

6)does MI separate the FOs rank into Senior FO? What is the hours required if it is true?

7) how many hours required to get promotion from one rank to the next?

8) any minimum years of service (for SO and FO) before going widebody/command check?

9) any of the previous expats or foreigners with FO (or Captain) came into MI and had to be 'downgraded' to one level lower initially (to gather experience)?

10) what is the average age of the commanders in the 320s now? I read in one of the post here that the retirement age will be increased to 65. That might affect promotion again I guess.

11) How is the flow now from FO-Captain? Average numbers per year? Is it considered slow or fast now in your view?

Thank you again for your time to answer these questions, Shamper. Your help and information are very very much appreciated!!

Hi wonderland,
I can do with hdb flat still bachelor, easy for me to relocate! 800sgd sounds still expensive even for areas near Changi! The housing regulations now seem to increase on the rental market!