PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Canberra, now Hobart
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2014, 02:36
Wunwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas has leased/returned and released a number of 717 over the years so the current "flock" will consist of aircraft from a number of sources apart from the original 5? Impulse.By the time Qantas /Impulse received the aircraft they were from Boeing, not MD hence the B717 model number.The story at the time was that Impulse got a very good deal. Impulse then poached a number of key CASA staff which helped them set up quickly and also caused delays to Virgins setup as CASA had to recruit first before they could audit Virgin. Impulse had all the marks of a genuine startup so its an interesting question as to if GM genuinely wanted to run an airline or if he intended to sell it on from the beginning?

I also flew on a 717 Hobart Sydney in 2002 and it was branded Qantas, not Qantaslink and it was days old at the time.Previously the route was operated by NJ with a Bae 146.

Fuel Off, I was at AIPA central as an Exec during the period that you refer too. My memory of the day do not reflect what you say and nowhere would there have been a statement about tainting talent on my watch.My memory of the events are very different to your version. Where you at those negotiations or did you only get the TS version? I seem to remember 3 Associations, AIPA,AFAP and the APA?

Wunwing

Last edited by Wunwing; 15th Jan 2014 at 03:31.