PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada: Cormorant & Cyclone thread
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2014, 20:10
Ian Corrigible

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cdnnighthawk
That's a fact.
Well...that AW claimed it would be able to meet such a schedule is a fact, but I wouldn't go much further than that, especially since the solution proposed in response to the RFI (note, 'I' not 'P') would involve integration of the NFH90's mission suite into the 101. Without seeking to excuse in any way Sikorsky's repeated schedule slippages, naval mission suite integration is notoriously problematic, leading to delays not just on the CH-148 and NFH90 (as pointed out by dmanton300), but also on the MH-60R...and the SH-2G(A)...and the Merlin...

The temptation to think that switching [back] to 101s can't be worse than continuing with the 92 is an understandable one, though it has led to some bizarre claims in recent weeks, such as the suggestion made in the National Post that acquisition of the ex-Indian VIP aircraft would have provided Canada with "what is widely regarded as the best maritime helicopter in the world...deemed fully compliant with Canada’s requirements"!

Originally Posted by Thomas coupling
What a (political) mess! TOO BIG to fail is on the money.
+1

So with 50yr old Sea Kings disintegrating due to age - as we speak and supposedly being "retired" next year
Retirement of the CH-124s is only scheduled to begin in 2015. Given how the CH-124's ELE has been repeatedly pushed back as the result of previous CH-148 delays, we can probably expect the Sea Kings to hover around for a couple of years beyond that initial date.

Are the 15 year old H92's (sorry "new") still going to be FBW?
Yes

Where are the public in all this?
Bent over with their trews around their ankles, inured to all that is going on by all the other recent procurement disasters.

I/C