PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here's how to get a job in Canada
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2014, 16:16
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I for one am happy that TC has not relented to the pressure to reduce the minimums for a Canadian Instructor Rating as well.
I am almost at a loss for words on how to respond to the quality of flight instructors that are being produced under TC's oversite........reducing the minimums would really be something to see.

What we sorely lack though, is a reasonable way to get the new guys some experience.
I am finding retirement to be rather boring at times so to make life more interesting I am starting a new project that is focused on exactly what you just mentioned.

It is a pilot training program aimed at young people who are in the process of becoming commercial pilots.

There is a big time period of building time and flying experience between the PPL and the CPL, it is that time frame I will be aiming at with a program that corrects any poor training that the student has been subject to and also will re-teach the basics if needed.

Once the student reaches a high level of flying skills they will then be able to rent an airplane at a rate two thirds the rate available at most FTU's.

Basically they will be able to build time at a lower cost with advanced flight training and mentoring provided during the process, so that when they start the dual training required for the CPL they will in a lot of cases be able to teach the instructor that was approved by TC.

The airplanes that I will start with are a home-built PA11 replica and a Thatcher CX4.

P.S. ...

I also can give marriage counseling to pilots who lose their way in their love life.