PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2014, 10:56
Cactusjack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two dogs, a trip down memory lane!
Uzu, Polar Aviation, Quadrio, etc etc. Mix in some Lockhart, Canley Vale and Pel Air accidents and then spice up the mix with a dash of the CAsA GWM and some Wichdoctory and you pretty soon get an idea about not just how they operate, but more importantly and disturbingly how they are allowed to operate, fully endorsed, sanctioned, permitted and encouraged to behave towards all. And in my opinion thanks to each Australian government and it's elected ministers, and ICAO. There is an overwhelming majority in Australian aviation, and even a number within CAsA itself that recognise that this fish has well and truly rotted from the head to its tail. It is a palpable, disgraceful and amoral situation that we, the taxpayer have to endure and accept this situation.

I once held CAsA in complete contempt, but I am starting to now see more clearly why they do and act the way they do. We need to hold them to account, but need to look beyond them and look at their master(s).

Anyway, just like two dogs I am enjoying a nice bottle of red, will retire to the land of sleep shortly, shall awake refreshed, switch on the AM news and see whether the 'Newsflash - Smoking Hole' story fills the screen. If not, no problem, will do the same the following morning, and over and over until......

TICK TOCK